Thursday, June 23, 2011

Remembering Sugar

I recently lost a little cat that I loved a lot.

Her name was Sugar. She was a fluffy little yellow thing with unique beautiful eyes.

Sometimes, with cats of the opposite gender to their people, there can be a real flirty aspect to the relationship.

It was like that with Sugar. She loved being cuddled and fussed over, and she'd make these sensuous little cooing noises while it was going on.

Then suddenly she didn't want to stay inside, which was out of character for her. And it seemed to hurt her to be picked up.

When I let her out for the last time, I wondered if I was doing the right thing.  I vowed to keep her in next time whether she liked it or not, and get her to a vet.

But I haven't seen her since.

When it's time for cats to leave this world, they go fast.

Good-bye, little thing.  I'm grateful for the time we had.  It was fun.

I love you.

1 comment: